- Login to VMware Cloud Director tenant/provider portal.
- Access console of the k8s master node.
- Login as root. You can find the root user password in Guest customization section of the VM in VMware Cloud Director.
- Open /etc/sshd/sshd_config
- In the file, find the
PasswordAuthentication line and make sure it ends with
- Save the file and exit.
- Restart the SSH service by typing the following command:
sudo systemctl restart sshd
- Its good to create a user for ssh login rather than enabling root login over ssh.
- You can ssh to the master node with kube user and do ‘su -‘.